To love myself is to be honest about understanding myself.
Q1.愛自己的定義
Loving myself means...
愛自己是對自己誠實。
Loving myself means being honest with myself.
知道自己愛甚麼、不愛甚麼,而且接受自己的想法。
Know what you like and dislike, and accept those as your values.
愛與不愛未必全然指向物質的東西,那會是甚麼呢?可能例如是...
These might not be materialistic things. What could they be? Maybe...
我知道自己不愛在人群中解釋自己,我愛自己所以了解到自己,同時尊重自己這個想法,所以我選擇不強迫自己。
I know that I don't like to explain myself to others. I love myself therefore I understand myself and respect myself. So I choose not to force myself into doing otherwise.
我知道自己愛分享,而我理解到自己,所以我選擇一種自己最舒適的表達方式及在最令自己安心的地方分享 —— 畫畫並分享在自己的平台上。
I know that I love to share, so I have chosen the most comfortable way and place to express myself - my drawings that I share on my own platform.
Q2. 不愛自己的狀態
Not loving myself is...
否定自己的想法,而且會不自覺地覺得自己不值得。
Discrediting myself, and thinking “I’m not worth it.”
這個狀態相信每個人都會出現過,渴望追求但又同時覺得自己不配擁有的矛盾情況。
I think a lot of people have had this paradoxical experience where they have the desire to chase after something but simultaneously think they don’t deserve it.
這種內在矛盾有時可能是環境影響,有時可能是來自原生家庭一代一代傳下的意念,令我們出現「我想要但我不配」的念頭。
This contradiction may be a result of your surrounding environment, or it may come from traditional ideas passed down from generation to generation, where it makes us think “I want that but I’m not worthy of it.”
Q3. 愛自己的生活模式
The lifestyle of loving myself...
瞭解自己的喜惡,瞭解自己最開心是做甚麼、會是在甚麼狀態。
Is understanding my likes and dislikes. Understanding what makes me happy, and what state-of-mind I can achieve.
問問自己開心是因為某種慾望嗎?
Ask yourself if your desires make you happy?
還是由心而發的愉悅呢?
Or does happiness come from within?
是慾望?接受自己會出現這個慾望。
If it’s your desires... Accept yourself for having these desires.
再選擇做多些自己會由心而笑的事!
Then actively seek to do more of the things that bring happiness from within.
人在不同階段會有不同的變化,發掘一下,選擇做現在會令你愉悅的事吧:)
People change as they grow. Discover what it is that brings you that happiness from within right now and go do it!
你永遠都可以選擇!
You can always choose!
小編私心推介作品《蓮的一生》
Editor’s Choice “The journey of LIN”
February 2021
Mani | Hong Kong
Mom & Illustrator @TMY
ig: @tmyiman
All images copyright © TMY
總編輯 Editor-in-Chief: Dani Chong
執行編輯 Executive Editor: Moon Mo
助理編輯 Assistant Editor: Tina Lee
英文翻譯 English Translation: Cliff Wu
NEXT 下一篇 / 專訪03 Dorothy Cheung #我的愛自己是 坦誠面對自己
🤣好正!好中意D插圖!
謝謝你給我力量繼續努力
笑中有淚呢
新手媽媽來看完又夠鍾餵奶了
母乳媽媽真係好偉大😢